Haris has received a number of awards in the field of competition law and IP both in Germany and in the United States.
- Advising a major telecommunications company on SDO IP policy issues, including patent declarations to SDOs.
- Assisting with the determination of FRAND compensation for standard essential patents.
- Advising on the availability of injunctive relief in the context of licensing negotiations.
- Preparing comparative advice in relation to regulatory frameworks for standardisation (EU Regulation 1025/2012, US SDOAA, ANSI Essential Requirements, WTO TBT Agreement).
- Preparing submissions in response to various government and European Commission calls for comments regarding IP and competition policy.
Career and qualifications
- Haris Tsilikas LLM is a qualified lawyer admitted to the Athens Bar Association in Greece (“Dikigoros”)
- Master of Laws in Intellectual Property and Competition Law (LLM), Munich Intellectual Property Law Centre, Germany (Oehm Prize)
- Master of Commercial Law (LLM), University of Bristol, United Kingdom (with Distinction)
Awards and citations
Thomas Edison Innovation Law and Policy Fellowship (2021-2022), Center for the Protection of Intellectual Property, United States.
Oehm Prize, Munich Intellectual Property Law Centre (2015).
- The New Landscape in FRAND Litigation (2020) Competition Policy International - Antitrust Chronicle
- Emerging Patterns in the Judicial Determination of FRAND Rates (2020) 69(9) GRUR Int. 885.
- Comparable Agreements and the ‘Top-Down’ Approach for FRAND Royalties Determination (2020) Competition Policy International
- To make effective 5G IP decisions policy-makers need the full picture (IAM, 13 April 2020)
- Cause for concern in German patent reform proposals (IAM, 12 February 2020)
- Confidentiality and Transparency in FRAND Litigation in the EU, first co-author (2020) 15(3) Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice 173.
- Enforcement of FRAND Commitments and Competition Law – Litigation of Standard Essential Patents in Germany post-Huawei, in Gabriella Muscolo and Marina Tavassi (eds), The Interplay between Competition Law and Intellectual Property - An International Perspective (Kluwer Law International, 2019).
- SMEs And Standard Essential Patents: Licensing Efficiently in the Internet of Things, first co-author (2017) 52(4) Les Nouvelles 170.
- Huawei v. ZTE in Context – EU Competition Policy and Collaborative Standardization in Wireless Telecommunications (2017) 48(2) IIC - International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law 151.